Following a feature in the weekly email I receive from Martin Lewis' MoneySavingExpert.com, I applied for a Taste Card as they had a "3 months free" offer on (they still have a 1 month free trial on if you follow the link). Taste Cards offer discounts at a number of restaurants in Cardiff. Not as many as in London where it seemed that on any street you could find a restaurant that was part of the scheme (with the help of the handy Taste Card iphone app). The discounts range from 2-4-1 or a percentage discount off food. Some restaurants allow the card to be used on Fridays and Saturdays but, in Cardiff, it seems that quite a few don't.
We decided to pop out on Sunday for a curry at the Juboraj on Mill Lane. I love the food there but it is expensive compared to other really good curry houses - another favourite of mine is The Panama, great food and much better value for money. To use a Taste Card offer you have to book in advance and mention that you want to use the Taste Card discount, which in the case of the Juboraj on Mill Lane was 50% off food.
The restaurant happily accepted our booking and we turned up at 7pm to a busy, but not packed, restaurant. I noticed no difference in the service or the quantity or quality of food - all of which were excellent but when the bill came there was a hefty amount deducted!
I'd always recommend the Juboraj but because of the prices it's not somewhere that most would go for their Saturday night takeaway but with the Taste Card it makes for a relatively inexpensive meal out!
No comments:
Post a Comment