Wednesday, 6 July 2011

My first Cardiff event - a Capital time was had

I was grateful to be invited by Capital Law* to celebrate the opening of their new Shoreditch-esque offices on Tyndall Street on Thursday 30 June 2011.  I heard rumours of some guests asking whether the interior decoration had been finished (!) but the exposed brickwork and loft-conversion style decor are the perfect fit for a modern and innovative firm.  An eclectic mix of guests meant no conversation was the same and it was great to be experiencing Welsh hospitality again!

I couldn't help but be struck by the differences between networking in London and Cardiff.  In London people attend events in groups, after a few drinks perhaps daring to approach someone unknown only for them to either look at you like you're a complete weirdo, or spend the next 20 minutes telling you how fabulous they are. 

What a difference a city makes!  Cardiffians (or those who have adopted Cardiff as their home) are welcoming, interesting and interested (!). 

*At private events Chatham house rules apply so no conversations are attributed to guests

No comments:

Post a Comment